No matter what condition you are trying to improve, IV therapy is a versatile, powerful treatment option. IV therapy is uniquely effective because you can receive any number of vital nutrients for the purpose of healing and combating infection, illness and disease. You may opt for a high dose of a single nutrient, or a solution containing a combination of vitamins, minerals and amino acids that work together so that you can heal, recover and thrive.
Below, you’ll find a list of many conditions that IV therapy is commonly used to treat. To learn more about how IV therapy may be used to address a particular condition, contact one of the Orlando IV therapy drip specialists on our directory. They’ll help you find a treatment option that makes sense for you, your body and your health and wellness goals.
- Acne is a skin condition that occurs when hair follicles become plugged with oil and dead skin cells, causing whiteheads, blackheads or pimples. IV therapy treatments for acne typically include B vitamins, vitamin C, magnesium, selenium and glutathione.
- Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) is a mental health disorder that includes a combination of problems, such as difficulty sustaining attention, hyperactivity and impulsive behavior. ADHD is not just a childhood disorder, and it can also affect adults. Behavior includes frequent mood swings, problems focusing on a task and trouble coping with stress. IV therapy for ADHD can include vitamin D, magnesium, vitamin B6 and zinc.
- Allergies occur when your immune system reacts to a foreign substance—such as pollen, bee venom or pet dander—or a food that doesn’t cause a reaction in most people. Your body releases histamine and causes an inflammatory response such as red eyes,
itchiness, runny nose, eczema, hives, rash, inflammation in the digestive system or, in severe cases, anaphylaxis. Vitamin C, glutathione, B vitamins, magnesium and calcium are used in IV Therapy to treat allergies.
- Adrenal Fatigue
- Adrenal Fatigue is a group of symptoms produced when the adrenal glands perform below a certain level, resulting in body aches, fatigue, nervousness, sleep disturbances and digestive issues. Adrenal Fatigue can be treated with IV therapy including magnesium, B vitamins, vitamin C, zinc and calcium.
- Anemia is a condition in which your body doesn’t produce enough healthy red blood cells to carry adequate oxygen to the body’s tissues. Common symptoms of anemia include fatigue, whole body weakness, headaches and lightheadedness. Anemia can be treated with iron infusion, molybdenum, B vitamins through IV therapy.
- Asthma is a constrictive and inflammatory airway disease which can makes it difficult to breathe and can cause coughing, wheezing, and shortness of breath. Asthma can’t be cured but its symptoms can be controlled. Magnesium, glutathione, vitamin C and B vitamins have been used in IV Therapy to treat asthma.
- Athletic Performance Enhancement
- Athletes use IV Therapy to boost performance and increase strength while reducing fatigue and shorten recovery time. Athletes have seen positive effects from IV Therapy that include zinc, vitamin C, B vitamins, Magnesium and glutathione.
- Autoimmune Diseases
- Autoimmune Diseases is a condition in which your body’s immune system mistakenly attacks your body, like your joints or skin. It releases proteins called antibodies that attack healthy cells. Methyl-Sulfonyl-Methane (MSM), vitamin D, B vitamins, zinc, magnesium and selenium are some of the nutrients used in IV therapy to treat autoimmune diseases.
- Bacterial Vaginosis
- Bacterial Vaginosis is a type of vaginal inflammation caused by overgrowth of bacteria. It can cause disruptive symptoms such as thin gray, white or green vaginal discharge, vaginal itching, burning during urination and foul-smelling odor. Patients have been treated with IV therapy that include high doses of vitamin C, calcium and EDTA (a synthetic amino acid).
- Brain Fog
- Brain Fog isn’t a medical condition, but a symptom of other medical illnesses. It involves memory problems, lack of mental clarity, poor concentration and inability to focus. Glutathione and vitamin C have been used to treat Brain Fog using IV therapy.
- Cancer & Chemotherapy
- Cancer patients receiving chemotherapy experience several side effects such as fatigue, nausea, trouble eating and digestive issues. IV therapy treatments in chemotherapy patients include high doses of vitamin C, along with other vitamins and nutrients.
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Cardiovascular Disease is a condition that refers to narrowed or blocked blood vessels that can lead to a heart attack, stroke or chest pain.
Symptoms can include (but are not limited to) shortness of breath, pain, tingling or numbness in your legs or arms and chest pain or tightness. IV therapy treatments in patients can include Alpha Lipoic Acid (ALA), magnesium, carotenoids, thiamine, pantothenic acid and vitamin D.
- Chronic Fatigue
- Fatigue is insistent exhaustion. A person with chronic fatigue is in a constant state of weariness that develops over time and reduces energy, motivation and concentration. IV therapy treatment for fatigue can include vitamin C, B vitamins, magnesium, glutathione and calcium.
- Chronic Infections
- Chronic Infections take a serious toll on a person’s body and can leave the entire body feeling run down, which can cause the infection to worsen and last longer. A healthy body relies on proper levels of vitamins and nutrients to create a healthy and effective immune system. IV therapy treatment can include vitamin C, magnesium, glutathione and B vitamins to help you fight off chronic infections and reduce symptoms quicker.
- Cold and Flu
- Influenza (the flu) is a viral infection that effects your respiratory system. The flu may seem like a common cold with a runny nose, sneezing and sore throat at the beginning. However, a cold develops slowly and the flu comes on suddenly and you feel much worse. IV therapy is used to treat cold and flu symptoms with a combination of vitamins and nutrients that can include magnesium, calcium, B vitamins, vitamin C and glutathione.
- Dehydration is a condition when your body loses more fluids than it takes in and your body can no longer perform normal functions. Symptoms of dehydration can include dark colored urine, less frequent urination and extreme thirst. Sodium, calcium and potassium are some of the ingredients used in IV therapy to treat dehydration.
- Depression and Anxiety
- Depression is a mood disorder that causes persistent feelings of sadness and loss of interest and disrupts daily activities. People who suffer from depression and anxiety have feelings of sadness and hopelessness, a loss of interest or pleasure in normal activities, trouble sleeping, feelings of worthlessness and anxiousness or frequent thoughts of death and suicide. Anxiety symptoms may include a racing heart, sweating, hyperventilation, nausea and upset stomach. IV therapy treatments for depression and anxiety can include glutathione, magnesium, vitamin C and B vitamins.
- Dermatitis or Eczema is an inflammatory skin condition which is manifested by dry, itchy skin with red patches they may crust, crack and leak fluid. IV therapy treatment may include glutathione, B vitamins, zinc and vitamin C.
- Digestive Disorders
- Digestive disorders can include Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), Crohn’s Disease, Celiac Disease or Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD). Symptoms of digestive disorders can include heartburn, painful stomach cramps, gas, bloating, constipation and diarrhea. Glutamine, zinc, ALA and B vitamins are some of the vitamins and nutrients used in IV therapy to treat digestive disorders.
- Fibromyalgia is a chronic condition that is characterized by widespread musculoskeletal pain, poor sleep quality, extreme fatigue and mood issues. Patients with Fibromyalgia also experience brain fog, poor concentration and focus, anxiety and
depression. IV therapy treatment can include glutathione, magnesium, B vitamins, vitamin C and calcium.
- Hair Loss
- Hair loss can affect your scalp or your entire body. It can be hereditary, caused by hormonal changes, medical conditions or medications. Anyone can experience hair loss, but it is more typical in men. IV therapy treatment can include vitamin C, B vitamins, selenium, vitamin A, vitamin D and zinc.
- Heavy Metal Toxicity
- Heavy Metal Toxicity is an accumulation of heavy metals, in toxic amounts, in the soft tissue of the body. Symptoms of heavy metal toxicity includes (but not limited to) digestive disorders, hair loss and brittle nails, attention deficit disorder, dermatitis, fatigue and metallic taste. Glutathione, calcium EDTA, disodium EDTA is used in IV therapy treatments for heavy metal toxicity.
- Hypothyroidism is a condition in which your thyroid gland doesn’t produce enough thyroid hormone. Thyroid hormone plays a major role in regulating functions of the body and balancing the metabolic rate. Weight gain, hair loss, dry skin, painful and prolonged menstruation, fatigue and digestive issues are just some of the disruptive symptoms of hypothyroidism. IV therapy treatment for hypothyroidism may include magnesium, selenium, B vitamins, vitamin A and vitamin D.
- Infertility is a condition of the reproductive system that prevents the conception of children. It can affect both men and women. There are many different factors that might cause infertility such as hormonal imbalance, thyroid disfunction, nutritional deficiency and poor quality and quantity of sperm. Vitamin C, glutathione, B vitamins, magnesium and calcium are some of the vitamins and nutrients that have been used to treat infertility with IV vitamin therapy.
- Insomnia is a common sleep disorder that can make it difficult to fall asleep or stay asleep, or it may cause you to wake up too early and not get back to sleep. Stress, anxiety and depression can cause insomnia and insomnia itself can cause emotional distress and physical ailments. It’s essential to find the root cause of insomnia and treat it. IV vitamin therapy treatment for insomnia can include glutathione, magnesium, calcium, B vitamins and vitamin C.
- Interstitial Cystitis
- Interstitial Cystitis is also called painful bladder syndrome. This is a chronic condition causing bladder pressure and pain, persistent need to urinate, frequent urination and chronic pelvic pain. IV therapy treatment for interstitial cystitis can include vitamin C, B vitamins, magnesium and calcium.
- Intestinal Malabsorption
- Intestinal malabsorption is a condition that occurs when the intestines are unable to properly absorb nutrients from food. Patients with intestinal malabsorption such as Crohn’s Disease, IBD and celiac are prone to nutritional deficiencies. Glutathione, magnesium, B vitamins, vitamin C and methyl-sulfonyl-methane (MSM) can be included in the IV therapy treatment for intestinal malabsorption.
- Joint or Muscle Pain
- Joint pain refers to discomfort, aches and pain in the body’s joints including shoulders, hips, elbows and knees. Muscle pain can affect a small area or your whole body, including your neck, back, legs and hands. Joint and muscle pain can last a short period of time or linger for months. IV vitamin therapy treatment for joint and muscle pain can include MSM, glutathione, B vitamins, vitamin C, calcium and magnesium.
- Leaky Gut Syndrome
- Leaky gut syndrome is a condition affecting the intestines where the lining is damaged and can cause various adverse reactions throughout the body. This condition makes the intestines less able to protect the internal environment or filter needed nutrients. Patients who suffer from leaky gut syndrome often experience gas, bloating, chronic diarrhea, constipation, excessive fatigue, poor immune health and brain fog. Glutathione, zinc and vitamin C are just a few of the vitamins and nutrients used in IV vitamin therapy to treat leaky gut syndrome.
- Memory Problems
- Memory problems can stem from several different factors such as medications, stress, depression, sleep deprivation and nutritional deficiencies. IV vitamin therapy treatment for memory problems can include vitamin C, glutathione and trace minerals.
- Migraine Headaches
- Migraines are not just bad headaches. A migraine is an extremely incapacitating condition that can cause severe throbbing pain or a pulsing sensation. Migraine headaches can be debilitating and dramatically affect a person’s quality of life. IV therapy can be used to treat migraine headaches and can include nutrients such as magnesium, calcium, B vitamins, glutathione and vitamin C.
- Obesity is a complex disorder involving an excessive amount of body fat. Obesity increases your risk of medical conditions such as heart disease, arthritis, infertility, depression and poor bone health. IV therapy treating obesity can include B vitamins, glutathione, magnesium and zinc.
- Osteoporosis is a disease of the skeletal system in which bone tissue and bone mass are deteriorating. There are no symptoms in the early stages of bone loss, but symptoms only start appearing once your bones have been weakened by osteoporosis. These can include back pain, loss of height, stopped posture and bone fractures that occur easier than anticipated. Vitamin D, glutathione, magnesium, calcium and methyl-sulfonyl-methane (MSM) can be used in IV therapy to treat osteoporosis.
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Parkinson’s disease is a progressive disorder of the nervous system that affects movement. Patients diagnosed with Parkinson’s have symptoms including tremors, muscle rigidity, gait and balance problems, impaired posture and loss of automatic movements. Glutathione is used in IV therapy to treat Parkinson’s and is known as the leading symptom reducer.
- Premenstrual Syndrome
- Premenstrual syndrome can occur 1-3 weeks prior to menses and can include cramps, joint pain, bloating, water retention, headaches, acne and constipation. IV therapy used to treat premenstrual syndrome can include magnesium, calcium, glutathione, B vitamins and vitamin C.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune disease of the small joints that causes chronic inflammation in your hands and feet and can eventually cause joint deformity. Tender and swollen joints, stiffness of the joints, fatigue, fever and weight loss are just a few of the symptoms caused by rheumatoid arthritis. Methyl-Sulfonyl-Methane (MSM), B vitamins and vitamin D are a few of the nutrients used in IV therapy to treat symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis.
- Urinary Tract Infections
- Urinary tract infections (UTIs) are an infection in any part of the urinary system—including kidneys, ureters, bladder and urethra. They can cause uncomfortable symptoms like strong, persistent urge to urinate; burning sensation during urination; urine that appears cloudy, red, bright pink or cola colored. IV therapy treatments for urinary tract infections can include vitamin C, B vitamins, zinc, magnesium, calcium and selenium.
- Vitamin D Deficiency
- Vitamin D is produced by the body in response to skin being exposed to sunlight. It is essential for strong bones, because it helps the body use calcium from the diet. Many people who have a milk allergy, follow a vegan diet or do not enjoy the sunlight can develop a vitamin D deficiency. IV therapy treatment for vitamin D deficiency is an efficient way to replenish your body since many people have trouble absorbing nutrients properly from vitamins or food.
- Wound Healing After Surgery
- It is crucial to have fast and proper wound healing after surgery and to achieve this, patients need a healthy immune system. Vitamin C, glutathione, B vitamins, magnesium, zinc and calcium are some of the nutrients used in IV therapy to ensure a healthy immune system and speed up the process of wound healing after surgery.
- Yeast Infections
- A vaginal yeast infection is a fungal infection that causes inflammation of the vagina. Symptoms of a yeast infection include irritation, discharge, burning sensation while urinating or having intercourse and intense itchiness of the vagina and vulva. IV therapy treatment of vaginal yeast infections can include vitamin C, vitamin A, zinc and selenium.
Although IV therapy is powerful, don’t be mistaken—it is not a magic cure-all. Many conditions require multi-faceted approaches to healing, and IV therapy is a great supporting treatment option that, in some cases, may even boost the effectiveness of your other treatments. However, there are many cases in which IV therapy alone can provide swift and effective healing.
Learn More And Begin Your Healing Process
If you have any questions about IV therapy and how it can be used to treat whatever is ailing you, contact one of the knowledgeable IV therapy clinics on our directory. Whether you are looking for one quick treatment or a long-term addition to your wellness regimen, these IV therapy specialists will help guide you along on your path to recovery.
To Learn More And Start Feeling Better, Contact A Local Orlando IV Therapy Specialist Near You.